Friday, August 31, 2012

Paediatric Ward -part 2-

Being posted to paediatric ward again..
This time, much orientated and much more responsibilities..

Each of us is to prepare our own case study, one case per person..
And it seems I'd chosen the 'challenging' one..
Subdural empyema, quite a rare one..
This baby had up to 20 medications..
I slept at 2am in the morning, finishing this case study and woke up at 5am for morning shift later..
Yup, indeed a challenging one..

Anyway, presented quite well on this case..

And so, being in the Paeds ward has it's challenges..
Especially handling uncooperative children in receiving treatment..
There's this 3 year old boy who would struggle to his last breath to escape from nebulizer..
So, my time, we would wrap him up and his mom would be carrying him and I would put the mask on him..
He was also very afraid of nurses..*lol*
This happened for about a week until 2 days ago, he was so good, he sat down quietly and let me put on the neb mask..
And yesterday when my shift was ending, he approached us and give us a handshake..
So cute! He even share with me some bread that he was eating..
How sweet was that??!

That made my day in Peads ward!

No comments: